Welcome to the RO-LCG 2016 Conference
The RO-LCG Conference addresses current topics regarding the application of High Throughput, Cloud, and High Performance Computing technologies in physics research and related areas. Its scope is to provide a forum for discussion and an opportunity for idea exchange between various participants, such as representatives of e-infrastructures, providers and beneficiaries of advanced computing services for high-energy physics, developers and users of software applications, computer scientists, researchers in computational sciences and computing center administrators.
The main topics of the conference include
- e-Infrastructures for large-scale collaborations
- Recent developments within the WLCG collaboration and the RO-LCG federation
- Technological developments in high-throughput computing (HTC)
- Cloud solutions for scientific research
- Development and optimisation of software applications in HTC/Cloud/HPC environments
- Advances in high-performance scientific computing
- Using Big Data technology for scientific applications
- Monitoring, management and organization tools
The Conference is organized by the Horia Hulubei National Institute for Physics and Nuclear Engineering (IFIN-HH).
The accepted papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings.